There are many reasons. Some of the most important are:
1) Care and treatment are put back into the healthcare provider’s hands.
2) The provider gets paid at the time of care. Many insurance plans take up to 120 days for payment.
3) Office administrative costs are reduced. No paperwork to complete, file and follow up on.
4) Providers may receive a net increase in revenue to the practice versus insurance (HMO or PPO).
5) The provider is part of an affiliation of like-minded professionals, without being “under the thumb” of managed care.
6) AmeriPlan provides members with quality, discounted healthcare.